A dessert table is a great addition to your reception, and doubles as wonderful interactive favors. Some things to keep in mind when designing a dessert table:
- Keep a tight color scheme that matches the rest of your wedding decorations.
- Having a specific color scheme makes your table look polished and put together and picking only one shade from your color scheme can also be striking and elegant. If doing a monochromatic scheme consider different hues and shades to create depth and interest.
- Be sure to create depth and height in your display by using different size containers or even with simple embellished boxes.
- Apothecary jars tend to be the standard, but don’t limit yourself. Vases are inexpensive alternatives and are easy to find. Consider opaque containers, small rustic pails or wicker baskets. To gain extra height use cake stands and tiered dessert stands.
- Incorporate your centerpieces repeat the same flowers, candles, or other table decorations to help tie into the rest of your reception.
- Less is more too many space fillers and too many choices can potentially clutter your table.
- It’s easy to overboard and worry about not having enough for everyone, but a small portion of ½ cup (4 oz) or less is a good estimate per person.